Being a Frenchie parent is like being a member of a crazy club. I’m probably biased, but I don’t think that any other breed has this type of cult following! I’m confident in saying that any Frenchie parent behaves the same way:
- We stop mid-sentence and point out a Frenchie from a block away and walk faster just to catch up.
- We pet and play with every single one that crosses our path.
- Forget every one that crosses our path – we go out of our way and cross streets just to say hi and tell the other owner “I have one too”
- Our phones have more pictures and videos of our dog than of anything else – and we’re not shy about showing them to everyone…strangers included.
- We talk about them like they are our child: “Our little girl did the funniest thing today…”
- And finally, when another human burps, farts, sneezes, or snorts, we are grossed out – but when our little munchkins do it, we are so proud to be Frenchie parents!
In New York City, Frenchies are one of the most popular breeds due to their ease of being an apartment dog and not requiring a lot of space. However, what happens when you put 35-40 of these little gremlins together in one large room for a full blown Frenchie festival? For members of the “club” it’s PURE HEAVEN!
Don’t believe me? Check out the photos below…